Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Establishing Professional Contact




We Got The Whole World In Our Hand
I chose to collaborate with two of my fellow colleagues. I felt they would be best at keeping contact with and understanding the importance of our communication. Due to time difference our main source of communication will be through email. I will also keep notice of their posting in weekly discussions to help can insight on educational issues.

Delores Thompson is a native of the Cayman Islands.  Mrs. Thompson has a Bachelor of Science in Business Education and is currently working in the Education Dept as Head of Testing and Exams.

Carolyn General is our fellow neighbor, a Canadian. Mrs. General is a Intensive Behavior Intervention  (IBI) therapist. She treats preschoolers and children up to 8 years old who have been diagnosed with Autism.

Through the course of 8 weeks I hope to gain insight on the state of Early Childhood field, as well  as their concern, hopes, dreams and any current issues that are going on in their part of the world.

Expand Resources:
I chose a organization I felt that I could relate to as well as gain useful information as a parent. I will be studying the National Black Child Development Institute (NCBI.ORG). National Black Child Development Institute was created by the Black Women’s Community Development Foundation whose concerns were that of the unsatisfactory conditions faced by families wanting to raised healthy children, they decided to organize a national advocacy group. Its mission “To improve and advance the lives of black children and their families through education and advocacy.”

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chantay
    I thought I would check out your blog since we will be collaborating together throughout this course. Here is the link to my blog, just in case you have not added it yet.
    http://carolyng-walden.blogspot.ca/
    I look forward to sharing my views with you about early childhood education and information about the practices and standards here.
    Carolyn General

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chantay
    I was looking at your blog since we will be working together in this course.I will be looking forward sharing information with you .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am looking forward to what you will have to share about your networking experiences and findings over the next eight weeks. It's great that you have resources already available to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chantay,

    We should have fun seeing the different views of the same organization. I hope that I can make contact with people and grow from what they share with us in the class. maybe make new friends from across the world. Love the world in the hand.

    ReplyDelete