Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Personal Childhood Web

"It Takes A Village To Raise A Child"
My Mother: My mothers has always tired her best to do what she felt was in my best interest. She supported me in anything I wanted to do, no matter how many times I changed my mind. My mom has always been the ear that listens even when I'm just rattling on about nothing. She made sure we all knew that she loves us and showed it by being at school functions, attending field trips, and just saying it throughout the day. I am who I am because of her

My Granny: One of the sweetest ladies I knew. My granny was a strong woman. Her doors were always open and food was always on her table. She never turned anyone away and she always found a way to make things happen. My granny was so proud of me when I started college. She passed my freshman year. Up  'til her death she always told me "Chantay I'm proud of you" those simple words motivated me to continue my education.

My Siblings: I have two sisters and one brother, I'm the 2nd oldest. Friends were never a major issue because I always had my siblings to play with. They have always been there for me no matter what. My sisters and I share the same birthday month, we were all born in May so we always had birthday parties together. Just by us being "May babies" made our bond stronger. My brother is the baby and only boy. It came natural for all of us to be protective of him. Even though he is the youngest he always sized-up any guys that approached his sisters. After I enrolled in undergrad that motivated my youngest sister and brother to attend college. I was so happy to have placed that positive influence on them.

My Love: My guy has been here for me since my freshman year of college. He has helped me write papers, cooked for me when I was hungry, cleaned the house for me...I could just go on and on about all the things this man has done for me but most importantly he has been the force behind me continuing my education. No matter how rough it got or how tired of school I was he would not let me quit

My Daughter: As a mommy to be my view on life has changed. It's not a decision I make without taking my lady bug into consideration and she hasn't even made her grand entrance into the world yet! From the foods I eat to keeping a track on my health it is all for her. My daughter has made me more aware of my surrounding and instead of acting on impulse I take time to think about the pro's and con's of everything that I do.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you when you stated "It takes a village to raise a child". Growing up I knew if I did something that a family member, neighbor, or family friend thought was inappropriate by my them or my parents, they would reprimand me on the spot and then tell my parents what I did. It is that sense of family that kept me out of trouble. And now that I am a parent, I still hold true to those same values. However, society has changed and many people feel as if you "cant say anything to their child"; this is probably why today's youth lack the respect of their elders and or people in positions of authority they way they should.

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom would always tell people "If you see my child doing anything you think I wouldn't approve of please let me know" and trust me they would let her know

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would we do without our moms and our grandmas! After the emotions of moving my son to his new apartment and starting his new job, I see my mom in myself and I see myself in my son! WE are a strong generation of family!

    ReplyDelete